Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 25 - finishing Cache in one day!

So I've printed out my map of Cache and started the journey. First stop was:

0-5TN1

There wasn't anything of interest really, except for a Territorial Claim Unit. Since I'd never seen one before, I decided to go check it out and take a photo.



Now I know what one looks like!

  • U-QMOA - nothing of interest
E1W-TB

There were a couple of Russians in this system being silent, as well as a landmark, a Pilfered Gurista Outpost.
The Gurista approach to piracy is often purely about the bottom line. Whenever the Guristas capture an area, they immediately set about the task of pilfering anything of value. Every last gun emplacement and technological artifact is salvaged, melted down, or sold on the black market. This process continues on every day as Guristas squads roam the State and beyond looking for easy profits.


There was some interesting energy arcing around that debris there. I'm surprised no one had tried salvaging it yet. Maybe it was too dangerous or something.

I didn't care, so I moved on.

  • LMM7-L - nothing of interest
  • 2-2EWC - nothing of interest
995-3G

Close to a dozen very quiet SOLAR FLEET guys came into this system after me and hung out for a while. I wasn't sure if they were looking for me, but I thought I'd keep my head down. I flew to a nearby planet and found an Infrastructure Hub that I thought I'd take a couple of photos of, since I've never seen one of those before either!




  • Q-UEN6 - nothing of interest
YE1-9S

I'm sorry, but I can't help myself! I've got to take photos of things I've never seen before. But just rest assured that now that I've taken photos of them, I don't need to photo them again!

This is a Sovereignty Blockade Unit.


W2T-TR

There were a couple of nice ships on the gate here, that I needed to travel through. Since I didn't want to go through it while they were there, I decided to take some more photos.

This one is a Naga.


And this one is a Tornado.


I like. But only to look at. They don't suit my style at the moment, nor do I have the skills to fly them.

There was also another landmark here, an Abandoned Caldari Outpost.
In the early days of its independence, the fledgling Caldari State sought to expand all throughout the New Eden cluster. This era saw many intense bidding wars between private firms for newly scouted star systems; every so often, the owner would be bankrupted by the investment before they could get a return. These half-finished and abandoned projects are now nothing more than litter along the space lanes of the mighty State.

  • IVP-KA - nothing of interest
  • 04EI-U - nothing of interest
  • M-CNUD - nothing of interest
  • BLMX-B - nothing of interest
D-6H64

I was almost going to continue on through this system when I realised there was an Abandoned Ship Wreck in here, so I went to have a look.
After thousands of years among the stars, the space lanes of New Eden have become littered with countless abandoned ships. The twisted and gnarled hulls of these empty vessels float silently, offering up no explanation as to their lonely fate.

How come abandoned ship wrecks all look the same? All smashed up against asteroids the same way.

Stupid pilots. You won't see me smashing up against an asteroid like that.
  • 8-BIE3 - nothing of interest
  • 4SO-NP - nothing of interest
  • K-RMI5 - nothing of interest
  • B-T6BT - nothing of interest
  • VK-A5G - nothing of interest
  • 8-SPNN - nothing of interest
One of the things I've noticed is that many of the systems I'm passing through are empty, with only 995-3G having a whole bunch of SOLAR sitting in there. However, a number of systems have sole occupants hiding somewhere.

I suspect they're sentries. I can imagine they're monitoring my travels around the region using the intel gathered from the sentries.

Or they're asleep.
  • C-6YHJ - nothing of interest
I-2705

Another deserted outpost, this time a Gallente Outpost.
The expansion of the Federation's values is a cause that throughout Federation history has been met with mixed support and varied interpretations by each newly elected administration. Across the Federation's borders and beyond, many of these outposts and settlements are now neglected and cast off, having come and gone as quickly as the politicians who built them.
Damn, this one had a serious meltdown!



  • M53-1V - nothing of interest
  • E5T-CS - nothing of interest
At this point I took a good look at the map and I realised I'd done more than half of the entire region. It was still early for me, so I decided to continue on and see if I can actually finish the entire region in one day, AND break the record I set yesterday. Onwards!
  • W4C8-Q - nothing of interest
  • 5F-MG1 - nothing of interest
  • P7-45V - nothing of interest
  • M-MCP8 - nothing of interest
  • LQ-01M - nothing of interest
  • NG-M8K - nothing of interest
  • 8OYE-Z - nothing of interest
Up here I was on the edge of The Spire region. But that's for another time, when I get there on my planned route. Now I have to go see the side systems I missed on this path up here, and then back down to Insmother, tonight's destination.
  • K85Y-6 - nothing of interest
  • RV5-TT - nothing of interest
PKN-NJ

After travelling through so many systems it was nice to take a breather and have a look at this system's landmark.

Natural Phenonema
The depths of space are home to all kinds of cosmic anomalies, from concentrations of electromagnetic disturbance to dense clouds of rare gas. These types of areas are valued for the scientific knowledge they could impart. Though they are often dangerous, these phenomena are also the subject of frequent research expeditions.

One photo, and the crew wanted to keep going. But I kept on taking more photos. 

They just have no appreciation of the beauty of nature.


Is that gold?

Meh. I'm not a miner. Onwards!

TPG-DD

Is it just me, or is there a SHIT LOAD OF LANDMARKS EVERYWHERE!

Ahem. Sorry about that. Let's have a look at this latest landmark, hm?

Deserted Gallente Outpost
The expansion of the Federation's values is a cause that throughout Federation history has been met with mixed support and varied interpretations by each newly elected administration. Across the Federation's borders and beyond, many of these outposts and settlements are now neglected and cast off, having come and gone as quickly as the politicians who built them.
It looks like this one was deserted because someone let loose a huge fart! It just hung around, so everyone up and left....

That's my theory.



  • JZ-B5Y - nothing of interest
  • NIF-JE - nothing of interest
  • BTLH-I - nothing of interest
  • 0LY-W1 - nothing of interest
  • U930-A - nothing of interest
4YO-QK

(It's only when I came back through this system a second time that I saw the landmark. I really need to be more diligent about that....)

Pilfered Gurista Outpost

The Gurista approach to piracy is often purely about the bottom line. Whenever the Guristas capture an area, they immediately set about the task of pilfering anything of value. Every last gun emplacement and technological artifact is salvaged, melted down, or sold on the black market. This process continues on every day as Guristas squads roam the State and beyond looking for easy profits.


Moving right along...
  • LJ-RJK - nothing of interest
REGION: INSMOTHER

3-0FYP


After such a long day's journey, I finally left Cache and entered Insmother.

I have to say, that was pretty amazing, travelling around an entire region in just one day, taking photos of interesting sights and landmarks, and not crashing into any asteroids.

If only I could find a station to dock at, and my crew and I could party!  But that might have to wait until we hit NPC space again. Ah well....

It was refreshing to find someone in this system who actually spoke. Here's a shout-out to James Harmstridge, the first talkative SOLAR pilot I've met yet. Hi there! It's a pleasure to chat with you.

I was pleased that he confirmed what I suspected - that they were talking about me in their intel channel as they monitored my progress. Very cool! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall of their intel room, I would have loved to have known what they were talking about as they watched me travel the region.

I told him I was editing the post before uploading, but really, I didn't want him to know I was at the landmark here, taking photos. It wouldn't be a good look having the Solar Fleet guys gate crashing my photo session!

Although, that could be good for a few photos too....

Deserted Gallente Outpost
The expansion of the Federation's values is a cause that throughout Federation history has been met with mixed support and varied interpretations by each newly elected administration. Across the Federation's borders and beyond, many of these outposts and settlements are now neglected and cast off, having come and gone as quickly as the politicians who built them.
I had to check my maps just to make sure I hadn't gone back to the last deserted Gallente outpost, 'cause this one looked exactly like the last one!  It's amazing how in space everything looks the same....


And now, I'm going to rest here in Insmother and get some sleep before continuing the journey.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment