Wednesday, November 28, 2012

We come to destroy all who enslave our people


It's amazing how quickly things can change. Last week I was touring the galaxy, and this week I've decided to answer a calling in my heart to help my Matari brothers and sisters. (I've spoken with my brother, Black Claw, about how I can't continue his journey around the galaxy any more, and he understands completely. That's a relief!)

A bit of background...

There has been a struggle between Amarr and Matari for a very long time, with the Matari suffering from hundreds of years of Amarrian oppression.

Many alliances have come and gone, doing their best to fight for the freedom of the Matari. The most prominent of these freedom fighters has been Ushra'Khan, an alliance I was once a member of. But they seem to be somewhat depressed after being recently kicked out of Providence, and now they're involving themselves in tamer faction wars.

They fought long and hard, and suffered a defeat that has decimated their morale. I really don’t blame them, but when I heard this I knew that someone needed to step up to continue what Ushra'Khan had started. I decided that would be me.

For too long I've ignored the plight of my people, enjoying the high-life, gallivanting around the galaxy and generally being completely irresponsible towards the plight of my brothers and sisters. A few days ago during a conversation with someone about this, I felt something shift inside of me, and I knew I had to change my ways. I knew I had to do something to play my part in the struggle for our people's freedom.

I heard that most alliances form as a result of corporations coming together with common goals. The corporations exist first, the alliance comes later. That may be so, but I like to be different.

I'm forming an alliance for the sole purpose of destroying those corporations and alliances who actively pursue, enslave or kill our Matari brothers and sisters.

Why not strive for peace?

There are some - particularly amongst the Amarr and their supporters - who say that continuing to engage in conflict will do nothing to bring about peace. Unfortunately, 'seeking peace' for Amarrians really means "we don't want the Matari to fight back while we continue killing and enslaving them."

This kind of thing really gets me angry. If the Amarr really wanted peace, it would come quickly if they released all their Matari slaves and ceased all persecution of the Matari people.

I believe that the truth behind someone's words lies in their actions. If they say they want peace but they continue to engage in the same actions that lead to war, then the truth is that they want war.

And so I shall give them a war. For as long as there are Matari captured and enslaved, there will be a need to fight for their freedom. And since the Amarr are the main persecutors of my people, then it is the Amarr I will focus my efforts on. I will hunt them down and slaughter them, as they have done to my people.

If they really want peace, they will let our people go free.

What are you going to do?

My alliance will continue what Ushra'Khan started. There are whisperings that they might even wake from their current malaise and join me in this fight. Their rightful place is always going to be alongside those who fight to free the Matari.

I have also had offers of support from a number of other individuals, corporations and alliances. The support is conditional, of course, with the condition being 'once you show you are serious about this and have a strong force behind you, we will join you to make it stronger'.

I certainly understand that. After all, I could just be another one of those who stand on their soap box and wax lyrical about what they plan to do, but at the end of the day they do nothing and fade away into the darkness, never to be seen again.

I don't plan on fading away. I do plan on starting this venture and continuing it until our targets are completely eliminated.

You see, I believe one of the reasons why Ushra'Khan and others have failed in their primary goal is because they pursued the wrong goal.

Their goal was to remove CVA from Providence. They did that, but then CVA just came back and regained it again.

My goal will be to remove CVA from this galaxy. I will not stop until they have been destroyed, disbanded, eliminated, terminated with extreme prejudice.

Why CVA?

As I said, I wanted to continue what Ushra'Khan started, and freeing our people from oppression in Providence is a major part of that. Since CVA currently own Providence, and they have done for many years, and they are active in continuing to persecute Matari, then they are my primary target. Secondary targets are their allies, who support them in their activities against the Matari.

Why destroy them?

Because just kicking them out of Providence isn't the answer. They'll come back again. I want to make sure that there is nowhere safe for them. I want them to feel what it's like to be on the receiving end of their own actions against us. I want to hunt them down and destroy them, so they can never again be the threat to our people that they have been for so long.

Ambitious goals. How will you achieve them?

I'm not under any illusion that this will be an easy task, but I'm also not under any illusion that it's an impossible task. It is entirely possible, but it needs a strong commitment from a lot of people.

I'm not going to release my strategies just yet, but let me give you a small rundown on why I believe I'll achieve this goal.

I believe in 'the Henry Ford approach' to leadership, where I get experts to lead their respective areas of expertise while answering to me and the overarching mission. I don't need to be an expert at everything, I just need to lead the experts so that the end result is achieved.

So I'm looking for leaders with expertise in industrial operations and manufacturing, combat and guerrilla operations, covert ops, black ops, intelligence gathering, diplomacy and even recruitment.

Of course, any corp can come onboard to add to the effort, but leadership roles for alliance activities and operations will naturally go to those who have the most experience.
"Rico! You're it until you're dead or I find someone better!"
- Starship Troopers
I intend the alliance leadership to be myself and at least one co-director. There will be a leadership council made up of the experts (CEOs and Directors of member corporations) who will manage the operations of all corps answering to them (eg industry, pvp, covert ops, etc).

Ultimately it will be a dictatorship with me at the helm, and any internal disputes will be resolved quickly and, if necessary, harshly. There will be no room for internal bickering and power struggles. We're all going to be working together towards a single objective, and if anyone disagrees with the objective and is unwilling to compromise, they'll simply be kicked out of the alliance. I won't allow bickering to gather energy and become a problem.

Contact me in-game to discuss how you can get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment